Modern Farmhouse Mukwonago Remodel
- Project Year: 2020
- Location: Mukwonago
- Updates Included: Kitchen, Dining Room, Fireplace & Staircase
- Features: Custom Cabinetry, Quartz Counters, Carrara Marble Backsplash, Barn Wood Accents, Shiplap, In-Cabinet Organizers, Satin Bronze Hardware & Matte Black Lighting
- Estimated Cost: $108,000 - $132,000
Modern Farmhouse Makeover
Kowalske Kitchen & Bath remodeled this 1990s Mukwonago home. We turned their 1990s oak kitchen into an open-concept modern farmhouse entertaining space.
Creating a space to entertain was the top priority in this Mukwonago kitchen remodel. The homeowners wanted seating and counter space for hosting parties and watching sports. By opening the dining room wall, we extended the kitchen area. We added an island and custom designed furniture-style bar cabinet with retractable pocket doors. A new awning window overlooks the backyard and brings in natural light. Many in-cabinet storage features keep this kitchen neat and organized.
The furniture-style bar cabinet has retractable pocket doors and a drop-in quartz counter. The homeowners can entertain in style, leaving the doors open during parties. Guests can grab a glass of wine or make a cocktail right in the cabinet.
Outlet strips on the island and peninsula keeps the end panels of the island and peninsula clean. The outlet strips also gives them options for plugging in appliances during parties.
Modern Farmhouse Design
The design of this kitchen is modern farmhouse. The materials, patterns, color and texture define this space. We used shades of golds and grays in the cabinetry, backsplash and hardware. The chevron backsplash and shiplap island adds visual interest.
This kitchen features frameless custom cabinets with light rail molding. It’s designed to hide the under cabinet lighting and angled plug molding. Putting the outlets under the cabinets keeps the backsplash uninterrupted.
Efficient storage and organization was important to these homeowners.
- We opted for deep drawers to allow for easy access to stacks of dishes and bowls.
- Under the cooktop, we used custom drawer heights to meet the homeowners’ storage needs.
- A third drawer was added next to the spice drawer rollout.
- Narrow pullout cabinets on either side of the cooktop for spices and oils.
- The pantry rollout by the double oven rotates 90 degrees.
- Staircase – We updated the staircase with a barn wood newel post and matte black balusters
- Fireplace – We whitewashed the fireplace and added a barn wood mantel and pilasters.
“We could not be happier with our newly remodeled kitchen, basically an entire first floor remodel. We decided to call Kowalske after viewing their website, photo gallery and online reviews. From demo (June 1) to completion (Aug 14), Kowalske provided absolute professionals (polite, too) to work in our home. The delivery of countertops was delayed a week due to COVID, but Kowalske did whatever other tasks they could during that delay and otherwise adhered to their schedule.
Our overall experience was a VERY positive one. Kowalske truly provides quality. We would not hesitate to hire them again or to recommend them. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Kowalske Kitchen & Bath, for our beautiful new space! We absolutely love it!” – Jill, Mukwonago homeowner (Google Review)