Wauwatosa Basement Finishing
- Project Year: 2020
- Location: Wauwatosa
- Updates Included: Basement: Rec Room (Living Room & Kitchenette), Office, Full Bathroom, Laundry Room & Staircase
- Features: Custom Cabinetry, Bar Sink, Open Shelving, Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring, Kohler Choreograph Shower Surround, Pedestal Sink, Epoxy Floors, Shoe Closet, Boot Bench, Vinyl Flooring & Recessed Lighting
- Estimated Cost: $77,000 - $94,000
Basement Remodel: Recreation Room, Bathroom, Laundry Room & Home Office
Finishing your basement can add valuable living space to your home. That’s exactly why a Wauwatosa family reached out to us. The homeowners wanted to remodel their Wauwatosa basement. Their wish list included a rec room, full bathroom / laundry room and a home office.
This Wauwatosa basement project included:
- Rec Room – The kitchenette has cabinet storage, counterspace, bar sink and refrigerator. A lounge seating area is perfect for family movie nights and playing video games. The other side of the rec room includes a large kids desk for virtual school and a foosball table.
- Full Bathroom / Laundry Room – We expanded the old laundry room to make room for a walk-in shower, toilet and pedestal sink. Open shelving keeps the laundry area neat and organized.
- Home Office – The room adjacent to the staircase is now a home office.
- Shoe Storage Closet – The homeowners requested storage for shoes, sandals and boots. We designed and built a custom shoe storage closet and boot bench.
- Staircase – To freshen the staircase, we used a fun sheet vinyl print and new paint. Under the stairs, we added built-in drawers for storage.
- Flooring – We installed luxury vinyl plank flooring in the rec room. The remaining floors are epoxy.
- Ceiling – By painting the ceiling (black fox, SW-7020), we kept an open, airy feel to this Wauwatosa basement.
Use of Color
The homeowners love color and wanted to include their personal style in the space:
- Contemporary green cabinetry in the kitchenette (ripe olive, SW-6209)
- A bright pop of orange in the stairway area (hearty orange, SW-6622)
- Moody blue walls in the office and shiplap above the boot bench (sea serpent, SW-7615)
- A sunny yellow in the laundry/bathroom (sweeny yellow, CW-370)
“Working with the Kowalske team on our basement remodel was a delight. From design and selections through completion, everyone on the team was professional, efficient and focused on creating a space we would love. Every detail was considered and the team worked incredibly hard to make the design vision a reality. We appreciated the communication, the team’s positive and energetic attitude and their focus on delivering a high quality product. Can’t wait for our next home project. We highly recommend Kowalske Kitchen & Bath!” – Sunny, homeowner
Similar Basement Projects
Check out these other basement remodeling projects: