Wauwatosa Open Concept Bungalow Kitchen
- Project Year: 2019
- Location: Wauwatosa
- Updates Included: Kitchen, Dining Room & Back Hallway
- Features: Open Concept, Shaker Cabinets, New Pantry Cabinet, Ruvati Sink, Kohler Faucet, Custom Floating Shelves, Matte Black Hardware, Quartz Counters & Refinished Hardwood Floors
- Estimated Cost: $31,000 - $38,000
Kowalske was hired as the kitchen remodeler for this Wauwatosa, Wisconsin home. This charming bungalow has lots of character with built-in china cabinets, ornate woodwork, arched doorways, cove ceilings and beautiful hardwood floors. The homeowners wanted to keep the character of their home, yet make the kitchen more modern.
The once closed kitchen is now open to the dining room. The new arched opening makes all the difference. The open floor plan gives them more counter space, seating, and natural light from their sunny living room. We used white shaker cabinetry to match the dining room china cabinets. The matte black finishes (hardware, lighting and Kohler faucet) are sophisticated and timeless.
During the demo, we discovered the chimney and left it exposed as a feature of the space. The pantry cabinet in the back hallway was replaced with more functional storage. Custom floating shelves were built by the Kowalske team to match the original maple hardwood floors.
Did you know we remodel older homes? Check out these projects:
- Bright & Open Wauwatosa Kitchen
- Historic Waukesha Kitchen Remodel
- Tin Ceiling Cape Cod Kitchen
- Pink Bathroom Makeover
Are you thinking about remodeling your kitchen? One of the top reasons to remodel a kitchen is to enhance the functionality of the space. Make it your dream space today.