Lake House | Pewaukee Remodel
This Pewaukee home remodel included the kitchen, dining room, full bathroom, laundry room, master bedroom, home office, and flooring and trim throughout.
The Original Space: A Hunting Cabin
The homeowners contacted us to remodel their 1930s kitchen. They wanted to open the kitchen up to the rest of the home. The kitchen was small and stuck in the back corner of their house.
During our first meeting, we learned that the kitchen was not the only issue in their home. The entire first floor had a very choppy layout because of three additions to the cabin over the years. There were two living rooms without a convenient wall for a TV. In addition, the full bathroom was outdated and deteriorating. Lastly, the upstairs had only two bedrooms.
We proposed a design that would turn their dysfunctional hunting cabin into their dream home.
The new layout of this Pewaukee home is extremely functional for the family. The homeowners have more space, storage and better utilize every room in the house. Most importantly, they have an open floor plan and added a master bedroom.
- Kitchen & Dining Room – The kitchen and dining room is now located in the old living room. The kitchen features a quartz island with seating and allows guests to flow into the dining room and onto the deck. The space is perfect for entertaining friends and family. We especially love the counters, under cabinet angled plug molding and luxury vinyl plank flooring.
- Master Bedroom & Closet – We added a master bedroom and closet in the old kitchen/dining room. As a result, this home now has three bedrooms.
- Office – We added french doors to the home office to keep the room feeling light, airy and inviting. Before the remodel, the office had been a dark corner room completely shut off from the home.
- Living Room – The old family room became the main living room. By opening the doorway into the kitchen and separating the spaces with a built-in cabinet, we created the perfect spot to hold the TV.
- Bathroom & Laundry Room – For convenience, we moved the doorway to the bathroom and laundry room. It’s now in the hallway right off the master bedroom.
Designing this Pewaukee Contemporary Cabin
The design of this Pewaukee home blends ‘his’ rustic style with ‘her’ contemporary style. While ‘he’ loved wood and his prized deer mounts, ‘she’ wanted contemporary finishes.
The design incorporates natural wood, views of Pewaukee Lake and shades of blue/green inspired by the water. To add rustic charm, we used natural pine for the trim and vaulted ceilings.
A navy island adds a pop of color in the kitchen. Moody blue walls and a deer mount add a masculine touch in the office. A rich shade of green/blue on the bedroom walls adds drama. The bathroom has a warm wood vanity with a contemporary hexagon-tiled floor.
“We had the best experience with Kowalske as we remodeled our entire first floor and cannot recommend them enough!! From our initial meeting… to the very last item on the punch list getting finished, we felt at ease and informed throughout the whole process. The way that [our designer] optimized our current space is never something I could have envisioned and allowed us to get the house of our dreams while staying within our budget.”
– Ashley, Pewaukee Homeowner (Google Review)
Lake Country Remodeling
- Lake House Kitchen in Oconomowoc
- Hartland Kitchen Remodel
- Transitional First Floor Pewaukee Home
- Delafield Cottage Whole Home Remodel
- Traditional Waukesha Whole Home
Project Year: 2019
Updates Included: First Floor Remodel: Kitchen, Dining Room, Living Room, Full Bathroom, Laundry Room, Home Office, Flooring & Master Suite
Features: Wood Kitchen Cabinetry, Navy Island, Quartz Counters, Porcelain Tile Backsplash, Laundry Cabinets, Office Cabinets, Walk-In Shower, Tiled Bathroom Floor/Shower, Wood Vanity, Vaulted Ceiling, Lighting, Doors, Trim & Luxury Vinyl Flooring
Estimated Cost: $205,000 – $250,000