Transitional Primary Bathroom | Dousman
When a retired couple purchased this Dousman condominium, they quickly found some problem areas that needed addressing. Our team already remodeled their kitchen and hallway bathroom when they came to us for a makeover of the primary bathroom attached to the main bedroom. Beyond having a very dated look, the bathroom had other issues such as a small shower and minimal storage. Kowalske got to work, turning the awkward Dousman bathroom into a usable space with a larger shower, open shelving, and more cabinets and drawers. The refreshed room with a transitional design invites you in with beauty elements like white quartz countertops with soft veining and a gold chandelier.
Highlights of this Dousman Bathroom:
- A Transitional Design – The design of the room is both traditional and contemporary, mixing warm and cool tones and featuring contemporary lights and hardware.
- A Bigger & Better Shower – By removing the wall between the old bathtub and shower and installing a glass shower enclosure, we were able to increase the size of the shower. Shower panels in cool tones with soft veining were chosen to keep the cost down.
- Adequate Storage & Shelving – U-shaped drawers were added under the bathroom sink for more storage. The corner cabinet contains laundry baskets with a pullout drawer. A large linen cabinet stores towels and bathroom supplies. Open shelving by the bathtub provides space for books, towels, soaps and décor.
- Unique Cabinets – The cabinets are painted a dark green/blue (SW-7625 Mount Etna) that almost looks like black. The white oak corner cabinet looks like a piece of furniture with arched mirrored doors.
- Mixed Metals – The matte black and gold fixtures for the lighting and plumbing present a look that is simple and elegant. The chandelier was chosen to add texture and a focal point.
- Arched Architectural Elements – Popular in design right now, arches were used in the mirrors, cabinet doors and chandelier.
- Subway Tile– The timeless look of textured subway tile was installed around the bathtub area, in the front of tub and back wall.
See this home’s kitchen that we remodeled a few years ago: Contemporary Kitchen
Project Year: 2022
Location: Dousman, WI
Project: Primary Bathroom
Features: Quartz Counters, Custom Cabinets (Laundry Cabinet & Linen Cabinet), Shower Panel Walls, Glass Shower Enclosure, Moen Faucets, Kohler Shower Head, Subway Tile, Lighting, Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring & Open Shelving
Estimated Cost: $65,000 – $80,000
“We just completed our third project with Kowalske Kitchen and Bath. After remodeling our open-concept kitchen, then the full guest bathroom; they are now completing our master bathroom. They have done a phenomenal job with each room. We can’t say enough about the design choices and the workmanship. The Designer and Project Manager (and his team) were respectful, responsive and professional. The master bathroom is better than we could have imagined. We highly recommend them.”
We can’t say enough about the design choices and the workmanship. The Designer and Project Manager (and his team) were respectful, responsive and professional. The master bathroom is better than we could have imagined. We highly recommend them.”
– Al and Mary, Dousman Homeowner (Houzz Review)