When remodeling your home, it’s important to find a contractor that is the right fit for your project. You want a company that meets your needs, timeline and budget.
We are a kitchen, bathroom, basement and whole-home design-build remodeling company serving homeowners for nearly four decades in Delafield, Brookfield, Hartland, Wauwatosa, Elm Grove and the surrounding areas.
We are not a good fit for your project if:
- You need handyman services or a single service
- Your project is design-only.
- You want to buy products and DIY the install or hire another contractor for construction.
- Your project is outside of our service area.
- You need the project completed immediately.
- You are a house flipper and/or are looking for a fast/cheap remodel.
- You are looking to “spruce up” your home just before putting it up for sale.
Please review all 4 items below to ensure we are good fit:
☑️ 1. You Want Design-Build Services
☑️ 2. You Live In Our Service Area
☑️ 3. Your Budget Aligns With Our Pricing
☑️ 4. You Have Time to Invest in the Planning
1. You Want Design-Build Services
We are design-build. This means we provide both the design AND construction for a project, making the process simple and seamless. You’ll work with a single expert who has full responsibility over the entire project from design, material ordering, labor and inspections. A design-build firm shares the same goal with you: creating the home of your dreams efficiently and beautifully.
Services We Provide:
☑️ Kitchen Remodeling
☑️ Bathroom Remodeling
☑️ Shower Replacement
☑️ Basement Finishing
☑️ Whole House Renovations
☑️ Home Additions
☑️ Countertop & Backsplash Replacement
☑️ Additional services added to larger remodeling projects.
Single Services Not Provided (Unless Part of a Bigger Project)
⛔ Design Only
⛔ Handyman Services
⛔ Painting, Tiling, Plumbing, Electrical, Flooring, Drywall and Carpentry
⛔ Doors, Windows, Siding or Roofs
⛔ Cabinet Refacing/Painting
⛔ Garages, Exterior Services, Decks or Porches
Please Note: We do provide many of these services within larger full remodeling projects, but not separately as single services.
2. You Live in Our Service Area
Our core service area includes Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties. Most of our projects are in Brookfield, Delafield, Elm Grove, Hartland, Mukwonago, Oconomowoc, Pewaukee, Sussex, Waukesha, Wauwatosa and the surrounding communities. We have relationships with these cities, which is important during the permitting and inspection process.
With a showroom in Delafield, we try to service homes within a 30-45 minute radius. This ensures that our staff can provide you with the best service possible and ensures we can get to your project in a timely manner, should anything arise.
Check to see if you live in our service area. If you are near the border or think we should make a special exemption for your project, please reach out to us because sometimes we do make an exception.
3. Your Budget Aligns With Our Pricing
We are the best fit for homeowners who are looking to invest in their home, who want to make it a space they will love. Our clients are looking for quality materials and beautiful craftsmanship.
We are not a good fit for house flippers and fast/cheap remodels.
How Much Do Remodels Cost?
Many Milwaukee and Waukesha area homeowners are surprised by how much it costs to remodel. This is because you don’t remodel often and watching shows on HGTV does not accurately educate homeowners on real costs. Materials and labor costs continue to increase as the demand for construction and remodeling continues.
Here are our remodeling project estimated costs*:
|PROJECT TYPE||ESTIMATED COST*|
|Kitchen Countertops, Backsplash, Sink & Faucet||$20,000+|
|Bathroom||$35,000 – $150,000|
|Basement||$60,000 – $350,000|
|Kitchen||$65,000 – $350,000|
|First Floor Remodel**||$250,000 – $1,000,000|
|Whole Home Remodel**||$500,000 – $4,000,000|
|Addition**||$100,000 – $4,000,000|
* The ranges listed above are the typical costs for a project with Kowalske Kitchen & Bath. Most of our projects are greater than the minimum costs. Our typical client chooses to upgrade materials and scope beyond basic materials/scope.
We are a design-build company, so our projects include the design, materials, a dedicated project manager, permits and labor. Project estimates do not include the costs for appliances, furniture or décor. Each project is unique and the cost depends on size, age of home, level of finish and complexity.
**Large home remodeling projects can range anywhere from $100,000 to $4 million. The work we do is custom, so every project is unique.
Review our Pricing Guide for additional details:
Why We Are Different
We distinguish ourselves from other contractors by offering our clients the following:
- Showroom: We have a beautiful showroom in downtown Delafield for meetings and selections. You’ll be able to see and touch countertops, cabinets, tile, flooring, fixtures, hardware and more!
- Quality Work: We’ve built a solid company with excellent service, craftsmanship and hard work. Our reputation in the Milwaukee and Waukesha area distinguishes ourselves from the competition. We are proud of our client reviews and industry awards.
- Online Scheduling: You have access to an online calendar and financials with a login to our Buildertrend software. This keeps you informed on the progress of your project.
- Dedicated Designer: Your designer will educate, guide and help you make informed decisions along the way.
- Office Staff: We have a friendly office staff that answers your calls promptly and ensures you are routed to the right person.
- Purchasing Team: Our purchasing staff makes sure your products are onsite when needed and we don’t have delays.
- Project Managers: You have a dedicated on-site Project Manager to ensure your work is on schedule and done correctly from start to finish.
- Warranty: We include a 2 Year Warranty on all of the work complete, which is double the industry standard of 1 year.
4. You Have Time to Invest in the Planning
Once you’ve decided to remodel, we know you want to get it started immediately. The reality is that planning a remodel takes time. We follow a step-by-step process to ensure the success of your project.
If you are in a rush and timing is an issue for you, we are not the right fit for your project.
Many tasks and meetings affect the project timeline, including:
- Discovery Consultation
- Measuring Your Space
- Reviewing a 3-Column Estimate
- Presenting 3D Renderings & Floorplans
- Home Walk-Through with the Trades
- Selecting Materials
- Finalizing the Contract
- Ordering Materials
- Obtaining City Permits
How Long Does It Take?
Most remodeling projects take weeks and months to develop. Decisions are made throughout the process, which takes time for many homeowners. You’ll need to choose cabinets, flooring, appliances, fixtures and more. While some people are decisive, others take weeks or months to make final decisions.
- Estimate Phase – This phase can take 4 weeks or many months, depending on how quickly you decide to move forward.
- Project Development – Once you sign a ‘Project Development Agreement’ we expect to sign a contract 10 weeks later and your project to start in 3-12 months depending on various factors.
- Contract – Once you sign a contract, we can begin to order your materials. If your project involves cabinetry, it takes 10-12 weeks to get cabinetry from the time the order is placed.
- Construction – Most kitchen and bathroom remodels take 6-8 weeks to complete, depending on the complexity of your project. Whole-home remodel can take several months to complete.
Review our step-by-step plan for more details:
Does this sound like you?
- I don’t have time to plan and oversee a remodeling project myself. I’m busy with work, family, hobbies, and other obligations.
- I love our home and/or neighborhood.
- I need help from a design expert and want better functionality in our home: storage, flow between spaces, prep space, entertaining space, etc.
- I’m looking for quality materials and craftsmanship.
- I want a company I can trust that will stick to a budget and schedule.
- I don’t have time to DIY this project.
- I want a smooth construction process overseen by a Project Manager.
Get Started on Your Project
If we seem like a good fit from the information provided on this page, please schedule a consultation. We look forward to learning more about your project!