A nip in the air. Snow on the ground. A cup of hot cocoa in hand. With the holidays in Wisconsin right around the corner, it’s time to schedule some seasonal family fun. There’s a lot of events to celebrate Christmas in Wisconsin. Whether you want to take a sleigh ride, a walk through a quaint village, or enjoy a tree-lighting ceremony. As you plan your perfect Wisconsin Christmas, check out our list of towns to visit this holiday season.
- Winter Wonderland in Delafield, Wisconsin
- Family Fun in Lake Geneva
- Mistletoe Magic in Madison
- A Classic Milwaukee, Wisconsin Christmas
- A Horse Drawn Sleigh Ride in Sturtevant
- Wisconsin Christmas in Ozaukee County
- Stocking Stuffing in Stockholm
- Holidays in Chippewa Falls
- Making Memories in Elkhart Lake
- Reindeer and More in Ripon, WI
- A Wisconsin Christmas to Remember
Here are the best Christmas events in Wisconsin:
Winter Wonderland in Delafield, Wisconsin
We love the quaint downtown area of Delafield, WI, especially because it’s the hometown of the Kowalske Kitchen & Bath showroom. The local chamber of commerce organizes many events for local residents and families. The holiday season is no exception. If you’ve never been to Delafield, be sure to come visit over the holiday season.
- Bring your kids to meet Santa and have breakfast with the reindeer
- Some of the highlights of the Delafreeze event in downtown Delafield include ice sculptures, a giant igloo, snow dogs and hot chocolate. Stop in the warm Kowalske Kitchen & Bath showroom to say hello!
Family Fun in Lake Geneva
Lake Geneva is a great place to spend a weekend any time during the year and Christmas is no exception. Some events to attend include:
- Have an experience like no other at the majestic Ice Castles
- You don’t want to miss the Santa Cruises in Lake Geneva. They have cruises for both families and adults only.
Mistletoe Magic in Madison
Just walking around downtown Madison lit up for the season, doing some shopping, and sipping a warm drink is worth the jaunt to the state’s Capitol. There are many different sights to see and events to experience in Madison during the Christmas season. Here are a few:
- Take part in a wintry 5K with Run Santa Run at Coopers Tavern in Madison
- Get all your treats and food at the Holiday Market in Madison’s Monona Terrace most Saturdays in December
- Shop homemade items at the Crafty Fair from over 100 vendors
- Take the kids to see ‘A Christmas Carol’ at Overture Center for the Arts
- Get into the holiday spirit by attending A Madison Symphony Christmas
A Classic Milwaukee, Wisconsin Christmas
Most larger cities have a holiday parade and even the smallest towns generally have a tree-lighting ceremony, but what can beat the downtown ambience of Milwaukee? A go-to place for winter enjoyment and holiday fun, the Milwaukee and surrounding suburbs have much to offer.
- Milwaukee has over 35 ponds and ice rinks ideal for Milwaukee ice skating
- Take the entire family to Enchant in Franklin, WI, where you can walk through a light maze, visit Santa, shop for gifts and go ice skating!
- Bundle up the family and drive through the festive streets of the iconic Candy Cane Lane
- It wouldn’t be the holidays without seeing The Milwaukee Ballet perform The Nutcracker
A Horse Drawn Sleigh Ride in Sturtevant
Enjoy a snowy horse drawn sleigh ride at Apple Holler in Sturtevant through their orchard. Bring blankets, a warm coat and carrots for the horses. If you have younger children, check out their Santa show available throughout the month of December.
Wisconsin Christmas in Ozaukee County
Cedarburg is a quaint village to visit during the holiday season with Festive Friday Eves in the Cedar Creek Settlement. However, this village is not the only area of Ozaukee County to turn on the charm for the holiday season. Local organizations and businesses will light up for the holidays with Illuminate Ozaukee. Bring your letters to Santa to drop in his mailbox.
Stocking Stuffing in Stockholm
Stockholm, Wisconsin is a tiny village that makes the top 10 list of ultimate Christmas towns in Wisconsin! With a population of less than 100 people, Stockholm is small, but mighty in its holiday spirit! It’s a bit of a hike at around four hours from the Milwaukee area, but it just may be worth the winter road trip. Celebrating Swedish-style Christmas for a full month–the village offers a variety of festivities for an old-fashioned Christmas.
- An outdoor Holiday Market
- A Swedish Christmas event
- A Winter Solstice event with fire dancers, luminaries, ice candles, torches and bonfires.
Holidays in Chippewa Falls
Christmas Village in Irvine Park brings the season to life with over 60,000 lights in a breath-taking display reminiscent of the Victorian era. This is just one of the Christmas events in Wisconsin that make this area special during the season.
Making Memories in Elkhart Lake
The Elkhart area is known for its holiday charm during Santa season. Listed as one of the top Christmas towns, it offers plenty to do and see this December. Some ideas:
- Go on an adventure of holiday wonder at Enchantment in the Park in Regner Park in West Bend
- Experience an Old World Christmas Market-Osthoff Resort in Elkhart Lake
- If you love craft fairs, don’t miss the Christmas Fair to Remember at Washington County Fair Park grounds
Reindeer and More in Ripon, WI
Ripon is known for bringing the holidays to life with its array of Christmas activities. With unique shops and restaurants, it’s a whimsical place to take the family for the holidays in Wisconsin. Ripon’s Dickens of a Christmas event includes carriage rides, reindeer, Santa and live music.
A Wisconsin Christmas to Remember
Christmas in Wisconsin can be absolutely magical when you know where to visit and how to plan. Start to think about the activities you want to do and bring your holiday dreams to life. With a little planning ahead, you can make your Wisconsin Christmas one to remember this year! Kowalske’s home remodeling experts are here for you year-round.