Modern Cabin Remodel | Lake Country, WI
The homeowner of this 1990s log cabin in Nashotah, WI contacted Kowalske Kitchen & Bath after inheriting the home from a family member. While the cabin held family sentimental value, the home was outdated and didn’t match his design style. He was seeking a more contemporary space with updated amenities and simple color palette. Kowalske updated this log cabin kitchen into a modern space with stained black cabinets, a waterfall quartz countertop and coffee station.
- Highlight the unique features of this traditional log cabin
- Better connect the kitchen to the dining room/great room
- Add modern amenities to the kitchen – bar area, coffee station, double ovens, workstation sink, etc.
Highlights of this Cabin Remodel:
- Original Wood Beams – The original wood beams create visual interest and add warmth and coziness to the log cabin.
- Wood Cabinets – The kitchen needed to fit the design style of this rustic log cabin. The cabinets are stained wood, almost black. The cabinets have a wood texture, without looking too sleek for the space.
- Bright White Elements to – A white quartz waterfall countertop and floating white hood invite you in from the great room.
- Other Amenities – The kitchen includes a beverage fridge on the back of the island, a coffee bar, and large walk-in pantry.
- Updated Trim – To modernize the entire space, we replaced all the trim. The new painted trim lightens the space and makes the other wood elements be the focal point. The new trim color is taupe/gray – a similar color to the chinking material between the logs. The taupe trim looks white against the wood walls in the great room.
- New Flooring – Luxury vinyl plank flooring covers the main level in a neutral, soft wood tone.
See more pictures of this log cabin home:
Project Year: 2023
Location: Nashotah, WI
Updates Included: Kitchen & Dining Room
Features: Custom Cabinets, Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring, Lighting, New Trim, Walk-in Pantry, Coffee Station, Quartz Counters, Workstation Sink,