Double Island Kitchen | Delafield, WI
Delafield homeowners reached out to us to remodel their kitchen. They had a clear vision for the project and knew what they disliked about the current space. Their main complaint was the soffits in the ceiling and above the cabinets. Above all, they wanted an all-white kitchen with double islands.
The end result is a stunning all-white kitchen featuring double islands, a hidden coffee bar and matte black lighting. This kitchen is perfect for everyday life and entertaining!
Highlights & Features
- Double Islands – This kitchen is unique and features double islands. One island is for prepping and dishes. The other island is for serving and seating.
- Custom Cabinets – The kitchen has a custom wood hood, many drawers (versus cabinets), and a pantry cabinet with rollout shelves.
- Coffee Bar & Appliance Closet – An old hallway closet is now a coffee bar with a butcherblock countertop. The microwave, toaster, and toaster oven remain hidden off the main kitchen counters. The retractable pocket doors can remain open while entertaining. Grab a cup of coffee!
- Island Detail – We kept the island cabinets clean by adding plug molding under the countertops. The prep island features shiplap to match the cabinet paint color. The second island is a soft gray-blue, adding a subtle shade of color.
All-White Kitchen Design
Although this kitchen is all white, there is plenty of visual interest, with a subway tile backsplash and shiplap. A satin nickel faucet and hardware add a touch of elegance. The lighting is matte black and adds dimension. A chandelier hangs over the seating island and two pendants hang over the prep island. Two sconces flank the hood.
White Kitchen Projects
- Modern French Country Kitchen
- Waukesha Kitchen with herringbone backsplash
- Black & White Kitchen in Wauwatosa
- Oconomowoc Indoor-Outdoor Kitchen
Project Year: 2020
Location: Delafield, WI
Updates Included: Kitchen
Features: Custom Cabinetry & Hood, Quartz Counters, Butcherblock Counters, Subway Tile Backsplash, Appliance Closet with Retractable Doors, Custom Storage Features, Beverage Bar, Angled Plug Molding, Kohler Fixtures & Satin Nickel Hardware
Estimated Cost: $90,000 – $107,000