Recreation Room, Bathroom, Laundry Room & Home Office
Finishing your basement can add valuable living space to your home. That’s exactly why a Wauwatosa family reached out to us. The homeowners wanted to remodel their Wauwatosa basement. Their wish list included a rec room, full bathroom / laundry room and a home office.
This Wauwatosa basement project included:
- Rec Room – The kitchenette has cabinet storage, counterspace, bar sink and refrigerator. A lounge seating area is perfect for family movie nights and playing video games. The other side of the rec room includes a large kids’ desk for virtual school and a foosball table.
- Full Bathroom / Laundry Room – We expanded the old laundry room to make room for a walk-in shower, toilet and pedestal sink. Open shelving keeps the laundry area neat and organized.
- Home Office – The room adjacent to the staircase is now a home office.
- Shoe Storage Closet – The homeowners requested storage for shoes, sandals and boots. We designed and built a custom shoe storage closet and boot bench.
- Staircase – To freshen the staircase, we used a fun sheet vinyl print and new paint. Under the stairs, we added built-in drawers for storage.
- Flooring – We installed luxury vinyl plank flooring in the rec room. The remaining floors are epoxy.
- Ceiling – By painting the ceiling (black fox, SW-7020), we kept an open, airy feel to this Wauwatosa basement.
Use of Color
The homeowners love color and wanted to include their personal style in the space. Using dramatic colors is one of the top design trends!
- Contemporary green cabinetry in the kitchenette (ripe olive, SW-6209)
- A bright pop of orange in the stairway area (hearty orange, SW-6622)
- Moody blue walls in the office and shiplap above the boot bench (sea serpent, SW-7615)
- A sunny yellow in the laundry/bathroom (sweeny yellow, CW-370)
“Working with the Kowalske team on our basement remodel was a delight. From design and selections through completion, everyone on the team was professional, efficient and focused on creating a space we would love. Every detail was considered and the team worked incredibly hard to make the design vision a reality. We appreciated the communication, the team’s positive and energetic attitude and their focus on delivering a high quality product. Can’t wait for our next home project. We highly recommend Kowalske Kitchen & Bath!”
Similar Basement Projects
Check out these other basement remodeling projects:
Project Year: 2020
Updates Included: Basement: Rec Room (Living Room & Kitchenette), Office, Full Bathroom, Laundry Room & Staircase
Features: Custom Cabinetry, Bar Sink, Open Shelving, Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring, Kohler Choreograph Shower Surround, Pedestal Sink, Epoxy Floors, Shoe Closet, Boot Bench, Vinyl Flooring & Recessed Lighting
Estimated Cost: $77,000 – $94,000